Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tule Mountain


Tule mountain is in Big Bend National Park. It is on the western side of the park between the Chisos and the town of Study Butte.

The geology of the region and it'd basins, ranges, and faulting has somewhat isolated Tule from the other mesa like features of the area. It helps give it a look of being alone.

I have tried to photograph it on several occasions and I feel most of my images (this one included) are rather plain. I think it has potential to be great. I am just still waiting for the right light and conditions to make it right.
Here is Tule on an overcast day. The flat desert between me and it is plain but still very interesting. There are many ocotillo here and while they seem just a cactus (they are not) they have a wonderful bloom in the spring and take on leaves in the rainy season.

The mountain shape still draws me in even in the flat overcast light of this day. I hope to one day find it in the right conditions and make a really good photograph.

No comments: